- Members are responsible for insuring that the books they check out are checked back IN by the librarian when they are returned.
- All books are due at the meeting subsequent to the one at which the book was checked out.
- There will be a $2.00 per month fee for each overdue book.
- Anyone with a book overdue or who has not paid the overdue fine will not be eligible to check out any other material.
- If a book is not returned by the third meeting after being checked out, the person who checked the book out will be billed for the replacement cost.
- All books are due back by the June meeting and no books are to be taken out over the summer.
- Fines collected will go into a library fund to pay library expenses and buy new books and tapes.
- A book is overdue immediately after the meeting at which it is due as other members will not have access to that book until the next meeting.
Recording Club Events
- There will be no audio or video taping of any club sponsored events. The club itself reserves the right to record some events with permission of those participating.
- Please notify any of our designated photographers if you would prefer not to be shown in our newsletter or on our website. We respect your privacy.
- Reservations for paid workshops are confirmed when payment is received.
- Workshop fees are not refundable, but members who have paid but cannot attend may sell their space to other members as there is usually a waiting list.
Guests are Welcome
- Members of other bonsai clubs, guests of members and other interested people who are not members of BSUNY are welcome to attend our meetings and enjoy our programs from time to time for free. Thanks for showing an interest in what we do!
- When we have out of town speakers, non-members are asked to pay a fee to help defray the expenses of the program.
- Anyone who wishes to attend the meetings on a regular basis should become a regular dues paying member. It’s totally worth it!
Member Sales of Items at Meetings
- Members may bring pre-bonsai plants, pots and other supplies for sale at club meetings.
- Trained bonsai are NOT to be sold at general meetings. Please wait for one of our seasonal sales opportunities.
- You must set yourself up at a table and arrange to have yourself or someone handy to deal with customers.
- The club asks for a donation of 10% of your total sales.